Why book through a medical facilitator like Taqtik, rather than going direct to the hospital? Excellent question! Here are 10 great reasons why you should use a facilitator for your medical holiday.
Although price should never be your main consideration when making important decisions about your health, it’s something we are all concerned with! We have a special relationship with each of our Medical Facilitators. Our partners can get you the best local pricing, often cheaper than advertised internationally.
2. TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION:
Our partners offer flexible travel arrangements. You can make your own booking, or they can arrange this on your behalf. Our facilitators are partnered with most travel programs and can get you excellent discounts! We do not mark up our travel services. This is complimentary.
We have been involved in medical tourism since 2004, with access to over 6000+ client testimonials, case studies, and referrals. Our consultants have personally traveled for surgery and can share their experiences. We know how to manage your medical holiday directly and we are not an agent looking for referrals.
Our partners have long-term relationships with surgeons and hospitals. It is important to understand a surgeon’s skills and choose a surgeon based on your individual needs. Surgeons move around. If you book direct with a hospital and need follow-up care, it may be difficult to locate the surgeon as they often change hospitals, even countries. Partners maintain relationships with hospitals and make sure you have continual communication with your surgeon if and when you need it, following surgery.
Our partners employ dedicated and experienced consultants that provide free consultation for as long as you need it. No question is too difficult to answer and they work hard to give you complete peace of mind before booking your medical holiday.
Our partners have experience in preparing clients for surgery. They provide a step by step guide to booking your procedures that includes:
• Itinerary – a day to day view of your appointments and schedule
• Payment and Receipt – we help process your payment directly to the hospital and provide confirmation of payments received to date
• Pre-departure Information: This is a very important document to read to answer all the small questions about your journey before you leave
• Consent forms – partners provide consent forms for your planned surgery outlining procedure and risks. You will be asked to sign these when you arrive that you agree with the procedure and risks. They are quite standard documents for any hospital and surgeon in the world, but of course if you don’t agree to the risks, then you should not have surgery and we can delay or cancel your surgery.
7. HEALTH PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY:
We have a state-of the art IT infrastructure that complies with global privacy laws. Our system is a collaboration of multiple technology partners that ensure complete client privacy from the moment of inquiry to follow up support. The system is designed to comply with HIPAA (USA), ATIP (Canada), NPP (Australia), HIPC (New Zealand), NHS (United Kingdom, and HST (South Africa), but is adaptable to suit the privacy requirement of all countries.
8. DEDICATED SERVICE MANAGER:
Most destinations offer a dedicated service manager who will look after you personally once you arrive. This will include arranging all transfers, appointments with surgeons, babysitting, or grocery shopping. (arrange in advance)
9. POST-CARE SUPPORT:
Once you arrive back home you may have additional questions. You are connected back to your consultant who booked your original surgery so they understand your original needs without having to explain. We also ask you to complete a survey as we want to continually improve. Your feedback is very important.
10. JOIN THE TEAM:
You are part of our family, and if interested are always looking for consultants. Share your experience with others and join our team!