What is CoolSculpting?CoolSculpting is a technique that uses controlled cooling to freeze and eliminate unwanted fat cells without surgery. It is FDA-cleared, safe, effective and is the world’s #1 non-invasive fat reduction procedure.
Who are the ideal candidates for CoolSculpting?The procedure is specially designed for those who have unwanted fat that resists diet and exercise. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas of concern such as belly, love handles, arms, thighs, as well as under the chin.
How does CoolSculpting work and what to expect during the procedure?The procedure is a non-surgical alternative to liposuction and works by crystallizing (freezing) fat cells which then die and are naturally processed and eliminated from the body. As the cooling begins, you will feel pressure and intense cold that quickly dissipates. During the procedure you may experience deep pulling, tugging, pinching, numbness or discomfort. The length of your session will vary depending on the number of areas being treated during your visit.
How long will it take to recover?There are no needles, surgery, or downtime. Typical side effects following the procedure include temporary numbness, redness, swelling, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging and pain.
What are typical results?You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. Your body will continue to flush out fat cells for up to four to six months after treatment. Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good. However, additional sessions may be required in order to meet your goals.
Starting your research
Embarking on a medical trip takes research and planning. Fortunately, you can start your research by looking up budgetary pricing from a selection of top global service providers on the Taqtik marketplace. Once you are ready you can also request a free firmquote from excellent service providers and agencies that are highly experienced in providing you with professional feedback and pricing.
The difference between a budgetary quote and a firmquote
On the marketplace, you will see pricing estimates that are current and provided by the vendor or service provider. A budgetary quote or estimate is not a fixed price, but the service provider’s (hospital, clinic) best guess of what the procedure will cost, based on an average patient and their skill and past experience of working with many international patients.
What’s a Firmquote?
A Firmquote is a confirmation from the service provider that they will complete the procedures or treatments for a specified price. On each marketplace procedure, you will see the option to request a Firmquote with surgeon feedback. This can take a few hours or several days depending on availability.
Once you accept a quote, the service provider can’t charge you more than that what was agreed unless;
- You decide to add additional treatments
- You agree to vary the procedures, following the pre-surgical consultation. This might include varying implants, sizes, prosthetics, etc.
- There are undiscovered medical conditions that were not diagnosed or disclosed prior
- Additional services not included or specified in advance (or must be over a certain amount) like airport pick-ups, local transportation, etc.
Legally, this is known as a variation.
Varying prices for similar procedures
You will see various prices on the marketplace that vary significantly in price. If the firm or budgetary quotes vary a lot in price, it is worth asking why. It could mean the service provider:
- has more experience
- is proposing using higher-quality materials
- is more realistic about how long the procedure will take
- has included services or additional options
- has misunderstood your requests
When you have made your decision and chosen your service provider or surgeon, you should let the unsuccessful service providers know so you will not be contacted further.
Consider more than just price
When comparing quotes or estimates, don’t just base your decision on price. You should also consider the service providers or surgeons:
- Level of experience
- Quality standards
- Accreditation standard
- Capacity or limited availability
- References and past patient references
Why should I get a Firmquote?
You should get a firmquote to ensure you are suitable for the procedures or treatment you have requested and that the price is as expected. If you are planning to travel at a certain time you should also make sure there is availability at that time.
Reserving your dates
If you have been given a firmquote, the service provider will provide you with a surgery or treatment date and commit to this date unless there is an unforeseen circumstance or you have agreed to a variation that cannot be performed on that date. To reserve these dates, you are typically asked to pay a deposit, which is typically 10% of the total firmquote, with the balance due on arrival, or 30 days prior to surgery (depending on provider).
Medical travelers choose to have weight loss surgery in Malaysia for a variety of reasons, often medical. For patients struggling with obesity conditions, a sleeve gastrectomy can be an important ally for maintaining a healthy weight.
Malaysian hospitals can offer patients quality surgical services, for a fraction of the price they would pay in their own countries.
About Gastric Sleeve Surgery
- The Gastric Sleeve is one of the newer and less invasive gastric reduction surgery options available.
- A sleeve gastrectomy eliminates 85% of the stomach’s surface area. A smaller stomach allows you to feel fuller sooner.
- A Laparoscopic camera helps the surgeon to make small incisions, which reduce recovery time and the possibility of scarring.
- The Mayo Clinic reports that “the sleeve gastrectomy portion of surgery may be all that’s needed to lose sufficient weight”.
- The Gastric Sleeve and other bariatric procedures are typically reserved for patients with a BMI of over 35. Talk to your doctor first to determine if the procedure is right for you.
Take the next step with us!
Need more information? Or ready to take the next step? Contact us, or search available bariatric packages on the Taqtik Marketplace below.
Booking your surgical holiday through an online marketplace like Taqtik, means that you’ll have access to more than just surgical skincare solutions.
We have an extensive list of treatments and services available from many partners. If your not sure about the options availalble then the Taqtik customer care team are here to assist in your research.
Customer Service Manager Gina, is a certified health and wellness coach with over 30 years of experience. Gina can advise on the most effective natural treatments, supplements and food programs to combat chronic pain, aid in injury recovery, boost low energy and achieve general detoxification.
Gina is committed to providing her clients with methodologies that are backed up by solid scientific research and proven results. Natural supplements are a great way to achieve fabulous, glowing skin and to maintain results of facial surgery.
Gina’s recommended natural skincare remedies
Omega 3’s: Flax is recommended for overall skin health as well as EPA and DHA for their anti-inflammatory properties. Sources: Pasture-raised meats, grass-fed meats, wild rice, walnuts, dairy, eggs.
Zinc: Helps us synthesize collagen.
Zinc Citrate: Oysters, toasted wheat germ, veal liver, roast beef, roasted pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate.
Iodine: Critical for hair, skin and nail strength and health. Found in sea vegetables, strawberries, Himalayan salt, organic yogurt, cranberries, potatoes with skin on.
Vitamin C – Crucial to collagen production which is the connective tissue that keeps skin firm; 3,000 mg day.
Vitamin E – With 4 tocopherols and 4 tocotrienols.
Digestive Enzymes – Increases blood supply to skin, body, hair and nails.
Bioflavinoids – Dark fruit and vegetables 8-10 servings per day. Green drinks OK too.
Silica – Strengthens connective tissue, muscles, hair tendons, ligaments, nails, cartilage and bone. Increases skin elasticity. Bone broth excellent too.
Fiber – Soluble and insoluble – flax seed, psyllium.
B Complex- For healthy skin tone and relieving mild anxiety and stress.
If you would like to make sunscreen: http://wellnessmama.com/2558/natural-homemade-sunscreen-recipe/
Find the best non-toxic and natural sunscreen: http://www.ewg.org/2014sunscreen/best-sunscreens/best-beach-sport-sunscreens/
Learn more about skin problems and exercise: http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/acne-care-11/exercise
Learn how exercise makes your skin gorgeous: http://experiencelife.com/article/8-ways-exercise-makes-you-gorgeous/
This information does not take the place of medical advice given by your doctor. Advice is provided for general information purposes only. Discuss the specific details of your treatment with your physician.
Contact us for more than just surgical skincare solutions!
Veneers get dental patients smiling again because they create a bright, uniform set of teeth. This simple and non-invasive procedure fixes many common dental problems like chipped, stained, crooked or uneven teeth.
Veneers are a thin layer of porcelain that is custom-made to cover and adhere to your teeth. The veneers are matched to the color of your teeth so that they blend in naturally. Once the veneers are in place, you can and should brush them for good dental care.
Veneers can be whitened if they become stained through normal activities like drinking coffee, red wine, or other types of beverages that discolor teeth.
Being fitted for veneers is easy. The dentist will measure you for veneers at the first visit and have you come back to have the made-to-order veneers put in place. Depending on how many veneers are needed and how long it takes the laboratory to create them, the entire process usually takes two visits within one week.
If properly cared for, veneers can last five to ten years. It is an affordable, painless, noninvasive process that will have you smiling again!
Dental treatments for medical travelers
Today’s dental patient has choices when it comes to dental services. A medical travel consultant can assist you in booking a dental vacation at your choice of holiday destination.
Travelling for a dental procedure also allows you to properly rest and recover after surgery. Far from home and in an idyllic holiday location, you are better able to recover. All you need to focus on is following recommendations from your surgeon and taking the time your body needs to heal.
The average length of a great vacation is just about perfect for recovering from a trip to the dentist! Medical travelers find they return home rejuvenated on the inside and out.
Choosing the right destination
Phuket, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur are the world’s most preferred destinations for dental holidays. These Southeast Asian countries have accredited dental clinics with world class treatment and highly skilled specialists. Southeast Asia also offers an ideal environment for rest and relaxation.
Most packages offered by medical travel consultants include accommodation costs and client services. There are many locations where patients are provided with a client service manager on the ground, to navigate appointments, travel and post-surgery care.
Consultants can recommend the right destination and dentist for individual needs. You may also want to choose your destination based on your budget, and your travel preferences.
Take the next step
Do you want to know more about how veneers get dental patients smiling again? Get in touch with the Taqtik Health customer care team or search available packages on the Taqtik Health market place today.
Reshaping the buttock offers several options – liposuction, buttock implants, and butt lift. Which option is best for you? Learn more about how men are re-shaping their butts to feel more masculine, and what to expect from surgery.
Why get a butt lift?
More and more media attention has been focused on having prominent and muscular butt cheeks. Exercise may not be delivering the firm, masculine derriere that you want. Genetics plays a part too. So does sitting for long periods of time. Or perhaps you have lost a lot of weight.
Buttock augmentation can improve flat or sagging buttocks as well as asymmetrical or small butts.
You may also want to consider a buttock implants if you and your doctor determine that you need something more pronounced or permanent than a butt lift. Some surgeons may suggest liposuction to reshape not only your buttock but also the surrounding area. Liposuction may be done by itself or in conjunction with buttock implants or the butt lift. Talk with your doctor about which procedure or treatments will give you the look you want.
Good candidates for a butt lift
While a consultation with a qualified surgeon can assess your qualifications as a candidate for a butt lift, in general, surgeons are looking for the following:
- You’re in good overall health and who are at or near their goal weight. Generally, buttock augmentation can increase the size of your butt while improving its shape and balance.
- You have realistic goals about what butt augmentation can achieve for you physically. A butt lift can be the start of a new, more confident and masculine you if you put aside the time to heal properly.
Recovery Time and Restrictions
Recovery time varies depending on the patient. Your surgeon will give you post-operative recovery instructions, but in general your surgeon will expect that you do the following.
- Compression Bandages- Patients are required to wear a compression bandage or garment immediately after surgery for a length of time recommended by your physician.
- Bed Rest- Depending on your doctor’s instructions, there may be several days of bed rest followed by weeks of limited physical exercise. Most certainly you will experience swelling, bruising and numbness.
- Exercise- In general, patients are advised to avoid vigorous exercise for the first month after surgery to allow the body time to recover and heal. Your post-surgery instructions will include guidelines about limitations on physical exercise.
- Follow ups- You will be given a schedule of follow up visits either with the doctor who performed your surgery or your doctor at home if you have traveled for the procedure.
- Smoking- Because it reduces the amount of oxygen in the body, smoking cigarettes can increase the risk of infection. If you are a smoker, inform your doctor so that he or she can advise you as to the time when you should refrain from smoking before and after surgery. Or perhaps this surgery is the reason to give up smoking completely!
As a general rule, within three months your body will be completely healed even though the results of the surgery will be visible almost immediately. Return to your level of normal activity gradually per your doctor’s instructions. Trying to do too much too quickly can result in delayed healing or a more serious complication including asymmetry
Possible Risks and Complications
Even though buttock augmentation is a fairly common cosmetic treatment, it is still surgery and carries with it risks and possible complications.
While your surgeon will discuss your particular risks with you, here are some common problems that can occur during or after butt lift surgery:
- Bruising, swelling and numbness around the surgical sites
- Infection and bleeding
- Blood pooling under the skin called a hematoma
- A negative reaction to the anesthesia
Your doctor will advise you of general risk factors as well as those related to you and your health profile. You can minimize complications by following the advice of your surgeon, both before and after your buttock augmentation surgery.
Remember to Follow Your Doctor’s Orders!
To reduce the unpleasant after effects of the surgery, follow your doctor’s recommendations closely and notify your healthcare provider if you experience any signs of infection or other health problems.
Take the next step with Taqtik Health
Ready to talk with a doctor about scheduling your appointment? Can we answer any questions for you? Find out more about how men are re-shaping their butts to feel more masculine. Contact us! Or browse through available butt lift packages below.
This information does not take the place of medical advice given by your doctor but is provided for general informational purposes only. Discuss the specific details of your treatment with your physician.
Why get a tummy tuck?Abdominoplasty, or a tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that removes excess fat and skin from the midsection and restores weakened muscles. The aim is to create a smoother, firmer stomach. Let’s be realistic. A tummy tuck will not give you sculpted abs but it can tighten your midsection. A flatter and more flattering is possible, especially when it comes time to wear a bathing suit. Pregnancy and childbirth take their toll on our midsections and result in excess skin or flab. Many women have tummy tucks after considerable weight loss. More and more women are having their tummies tucked to reclaim their hour-glass figures. Ready to reclaim your feminine shape? When diet and exercise won’t budge stubborn tummy fat Abdominoplasty may be the right answer for you.
Prerequisites for tummy tuck surgeryA consultation with a qualified surgeon can assess your qualifications as a candidate for a tummy tuck. These are general guidelines:
- You are not planning to get pregnant. Pregnancy can undo the benefits of abdominoplasty surgery so it is best to delay the procedure until after child birth.
- Quit smoking. Patients are asked not to smoke cigarettes before or after surgery because it restricts oxygen to healing muscles. If you can’t completely quit for two or more weeks before or after the surgery, you may not be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.
- Weight loss. Planning to lose more weight before having the surgery? Wait until you have achieved your weight loss goals before scheduling the procedure to maximize the benefits.
- Medical history. Prepare you medical records to submit with your booking and disclose prescription or herbal medicines. Once reviewed, your surgeon will give their recommendation.
- Scarring. Many women are concerned about the scar resulting from the surgery. A skilled physician may be able to hide the scar in an existing scar from a prior surgery or place it in an area that would be hidden by underwear or a bathing suit. Scars will fade over time but never completely disappear. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.
Overview of the tummy tuck surgery
- You will be administered either local anesthesia which numbs the localized area, or general anesthesia which put you to sleep. The procedure itself can last up to five hours depending on the amount of skin and fat being removed.
- Your surgeon will make a horizontal incision in the area between your belly button and the pubic mound. The length of the incision depends on the amount of excess skin to be removed. The more skin that is being removed, the longer the incision, and vice versa. Excess skin is removed and the remaining skin is stitched together with sutures. The belly button may need to be removed and sutured back into place.
Recovery after surgeryRecovery time varies depending on the patient. Your surgeon will give you post-operative recovery instructions. Patients will usually be required to wear a compression bandage or garment immediately after surgery for a length of time recommended by your physician. Depending on your doctor’s instructions, there may be several days of bed rest followed by weeks of limited physical exercise. Most certainly you will experience swelling, bruising and numbness. Once discharged you will be given a list of recommendations to follow. Post-operative care needs to be your primary focus so it’s important to make a plan and stick to it. General guidelines for recovery:
- Wound care. Once discharged you will need to care for the bandage and wound, following your surgeon’s instructions.
- Pain management. Immediately following the surgery, you will be sore and the surgical area will be swollen and bruised for up to three or even four weeks. The doctor may prescribe appropriate medication to alleviate any pain that you may be experiencing.
- Your movement and physical exercise will be severely limited during the recovery and healing process. You will be provided with instructions about what you can and cannot do after the surgery. Plan to take time off from work – anywhere from two to four weeks, as your doctor advises.
- Having a family member or friend travel with you or stay with you for several days will help the transition as you heal and regain movement and motion.
- Removing sutures. Sutures used will be removed within seven to ten days after surgery to allow you time to properly heal.
- Maintenance over time. After a few weeks you will notice a flatter and trimmer looking tummy. The results can be long lasting when patients maintain a healthy weight.
Possible Risks and ComplicationsEven though tummy tuck surgery is a fairly common cosmetic treatment, it is still surgery and carries with it risks and possible complications. While your surgeon will discuss your particular risks with you, here are some common problems that can occur:
- Bruising, swelling and numbness around the surgical sites
- Infection and bleeding
- Blood pooling under the skin called a hematoma
- Fluid pooling under the skin called seroma
- A negative reaction to the anesthesia
- A belly button that needs re-centering or is aesthetically unpleasing (Check out the information about umbilicoplasty – often done at the same time as a tummy tuck)
Recovery timeIn general, patients are advised to avoid vigorous exercise to allow the body time to recover and heal. Your post-surgery instructions will include guidelines about limitations on physical exercise. And you will be given a schedule of follow up visits either with the doctor who performed your surgery or your doctor at home if you have traveled for the procedure. It may take several months for your body to completely heal even though the results of the surgery will be visible almost immediately. Return to your level of normal activity gradually per your doctor’s instructions. Trying to do too much too quickly can result in delayed healing or a more serious complication.
Remember to Follow Your Doctor’s Orders!The most important thing to remember is your commitment to after care. Be sure to strictly follow the instructions from your surgeon and notify your healthcare provider if you experience any signs of infection or other health problems. This information does not take the place of medical advice given by your doctor but is provided for general informational purposes only. Discuss the specific details of your treatment with your physician.
Take the next step with usWhen diet and exercise won’t budge stubborn tummy fat talk to us. Ready to talk with a doctor about scheduling your appointment? Contact us for more information, or browse available packages on our global Taqtik marketplace below.
Living with yellowed or stained teeth means forever hiding from the camera. You learn to smile with your mouth closed, or avoid being photographed altogether! It’s time to compare professional whitening VS over the counter products.
Over the counter products
If you have discolored teeth you’ve probably tried all the over the counter products available. Teeth whitening strips and whitening gels from the pharmacy deliver limited results that won’t last for long.
A simple and affordable alternative to over the counter products is visiting a dentist for teeth whitening treatment.
Professional teeth whitening treatment
Professional teeth whitening treatment is easy and effective! It just takes two simple and painless steps for teeth to be bleached and smiles to be restored back to dazzling.
1. Your dentist applies a whitening gel to your teeth.
2. A laser light is used to accelerate the bleaching process.
The treatment generally takes 30 – 60 minutes and the results last about four months. The whitening treatment is painless and affordable.
Quick Facts about Dental Whitening
- Last longer than over the counter products
- Only 30 – 60 minutes for treatment
- Results last for around four months
- Painless and affordable
Take the next step with TaqTik Health
Need more information? Or ready to take the next step? Contact our customer service team or search our global market place for dental packages and pricing.
Signs that your tooth could be infected:
Have you experienced shooting pain in your mouth when eating or drinking? Do your gums look swollen and infected? These symptoms may signal substantial tooth decay that has reached a nerve in your tooth. Tooth decay can cause excruciating pain, and a root canal may be the only solution. It is the best treatment to cure the infection and help you save your tooth.
What happens during the root canal procedure?
The much maligned root canal is a blessing when tooth decay causes an infection in the nerve of a tooth, causing excruciating pain. A root canal is generally performed by an endodontist who has specialized training in treatments that focus on the nerves or pulp that are in teeth.
Before the root canal treatment begins, the patient is given local anesthesia to numb the pain. Once the mouth and jaw are numb, the endodontist will drill the decayed tooth removing the pulp while leaving as much of the tooth intact as possible. The nerve canal is cleaned out and then packed with synthetic material. The tooth is refilled and the treatment is complete.
Tooth decay can cause excruciating pain, and a root canal may be the only solution, but some patients find that the tooth has suffered too much decay to be saved. Your dentist will create a plan of treatment for you to determine what is best for your long term dental health.
Quick Facts about Root Canals
- Specialized treatment
- Involves damage to tooth nerve
- May require 2 visits over 2-5 days
- Tooth may or may not be saved
Take the next step with Taqtik
Need more information? Or ready to take the next step? Click on one of the buttons below to speak to our customer service team or search for pricing on dental packages! Get started today for relief from dental pain.