Victoria Pakohomova is a Beauty Vacation Adviser for Taqtik. She shares with us some information about a common problem with clients who travel for cosmetic surgery- ptosis. This condition is more commonly referred to as breast sagging, and here she walks us through a test to see if your breasts pass the ptosis test…
Hi beautiful Ladies, Victoria here with the ptosis test! Clients often want to know why their surgeon has recommended a breast lift, along with the breast augmentation they had originally booked. They send in pictures of their breasts and are surprised when doctors recommend a lift due to ptosis (breast sagging). Today I will help you to decide whether you too suffer from ptosis, and what can be done!
Common causes of ptosis
- Childbirth and breastfeeding.
- Bodyweight fluctuations- especially after losing a lot of weight in the short period.
- Hormonal fluctuations.
- Implant removal.
- Gravity- yes! The power of gravity influences breast tissue and inevitably pulls it down based on the laws of nature.
The breast ptosis test
Let us have a personal test on our breast condition.
Ideally the nipple should a few centimetres above the inframammary crease (the crease just under your breast where they meet your chest).
- Take off your bra and stand in front of the mirror.
- Place a ruler in the crease, where the breast and ribcage meet.
- Let your breasts hang over the ruler
- If your nipples are less than three centimetres above the ruler you may have ptosis.
- If you don’t have ptosis but aren’t happy with size – can just proceed with breast augmentation.
- If you don’t have ptosis but aren’t happy with size- a breast lift may be required.
Breast ptosis stages.
First degree ptosis- the nipple is at or slightly below the infra mammary fold, then you may be able to have a breast augmentation without internal lifting.
Second degree ptosis- the nipple is one-three centimeters below the fold. You are a candidate for lifting with or without implants.
Third degree ptosis– the nipple is lower than three centimeters. These cases are candidates for breast lift or even a super breast lift with or without implants.
And the result from MY test? First degree breast ptosis, which is not surprising after four years of breastfeeding, body weight fluctuations and aging!
If your planning to travel for cosmetic surgery and you want some information on the great medical options available at Taqtik, please leave me a comment below, or email me directly at email@example.com.