Dental hygiene is one of the most important, but overlooked aspects of self-care. Most of us will avoid the dentist, but few of us take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy set of teeth. Chiang Mai Dental Clinic are always pleased to see you, but have some helpful dental hygiene tips to keep you from becoming a repeat customer!
Brush your mouth
Its common practice to brush your teeth twice a day, but do you brush the entirety of your mouth? It’s just as important to brush your gums and tongue, and the roof of your mouth.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle so that the bristles contact both the gum and the teeth.
- Brush up and down, and back and forth then repeat at the back of your teeth.
- Lastly brush the tongue and the roof of the mouth.
Brushing does a great job at keeping teeth clean, but it does nothing to clean the spaces between your teeth. This job can only be completed successfully with dental floss. Flossing every day will remove residual food between teeth and ensure your mouth’s dental health.
A teeth friendly diet
Not all dental care needs to be a chore. Another great way of caring for your teeth is snacking! A teeth friendly diet can benefit your teeth and gums and are a tasty way to look after your mouth.
- Calcium (builds strong bones and teeth)- milk, cheese, yoghurt, fish, kale and broccoli.
- Vitamin C (fights infection)- oranges, grapefruit, tangerines and kiwifruit.
- Crunchy fruit and vegetables (remove bacteria)- apples, pears, carrots and celery.
- Water (rinsing bacteria)- the fluoride in tap water will also help to fight tooth decay
Cigarettes and sugar
Dental health is serious compromised by tobacco. As you inhale the cigarette smoke lingers in your mouth reducing blood flow, reducing vitamin C levels and increasing the heat of your mouth which can damage cells.
Sugary drinks, and especially alcohol contains high levels of phosphorus and can deplete your bodies calcium levels. This encourages tooth decay and gum disease.
- Handy tip- if you simply have to have a sugar drink, do so through a straw as this will keep it away from your teeth.
Even if you practice every one of these healthy tips, a regular check up at the dentist is still necessary. The dentist can arrange for your teeth to be cleaned professionally and can identify serious issues that you may not notice.
Fluoride helps to protect the surface of your teeth, but most of the fluoride from our toothpaste gets washed away after brushing. Once way to ensure that fluoride is doing its job is to apply it to your teeth at bedtime, and leave on for the night.
Chiang Mai Dental Clinic
Chiang Mai Dental Clinic (CMDC) is part of the award-winning Bangkok International Dental Centre. CIDC provides the most advanced technologies including digitized x-ray machines, CAD/CAM, digitized scanners, vacuum autoclave sterilizers, etc. to make your dental journey faster, safer and more comfortable. The team of qualified and English-speaking dentists guarantee top quality results. Patients from all over the world travel to Thailand for dental care and patients who visit CIDC are more than happy with their results.
Take the next step
If you would like to know more about travelling to Chiang Mai Thailand for dental treatment contact our Partner Success Manager Patrizia today at email@example.com