QuironSalud Medical Care in Spain gives patients access to specialized services in Orthopedics Surgery and Traumatology and advanced techniques for minimally invasive surgery. The knee unit at Hospital QuoronSalud Torrevieja is a leader in sports pathology treatment with comprehensive diagnostic and treatment techniques available.
Hospital Quoronsalud Torrevieja
Hospital Quoronsalud Torrevieja in Alicante Mexico has developed a reputation as a multidisciplinary center of the highest standard. The center is recognized throughout the health industry for it’s sophisticated diagnostic equipment and advanced treatments.
Almost half of the patients at the Torrevieja hospital are international, and qualified interpreters are available free of charge. The translator service covers 15 different languages including English, French, German, Dutch, Norwegian Russian, Italian and Arabic.
Orthopedic surgery techniques
The Hospital QuoronSalud Torrevieja specializes in both arthroscopic and open surgery.
Arthroscopic surgery includes:
- Meniscectomy- arthroscopy and radiofrequency treatments (Arthrocare, Vulcan, Serfas) used for meniscal lesions.
- Meniscal sutures.
- Meniscal transplants.
- Ligamentous plasty in fractures of anterior or posterior cruciate ligament associated or not to meniscal lesions
- Treatment of cartilage pathology with radiofrequency (Arthrocare, Vulcan, Serfas)
- Treatment of Rotulian Pathologies by arthroscopy
- Treatments with PRP (Plasma Rich in Platelets). PRP is an autologous preparation, non-toxic, non-allergenic, obtained by the centrifugation of the patients blood. This treatment is aimed to accelerate bone repair by strengthening the quality of the bone formed (osteogenesis). PRP can also induce premature healing of the wounds, increasing the revascularization (angiogenesis) and stimulating the synthesis and differentiation of the precursor cells.
Open surgery includes:
- Total knee arthroplasty in patients with severe osteoarthritis with the implantation of a fixed-plate prosthesis as a mobile plate.
- Revision arthroplasties in patients with failure of a primary prosthesis.
- Partial partial or bi-compartment arthroplasties.
- Femoropatellar arthroplasties.
- Realignments of extensor patella apparatus both proximally and distally.
- Varieting and / or valgizing osteotomies.
- Fracture Treatment.
Torn meniscus treatment
A torn meniscus is a common sports injury because it is caused by the forceful twisting of knee joint. When the knee cartilage (meniscus) is torn and the body provides an inflammatory response. Swelling and fluid accumulation makes day to day movements more difficult. It may be painful to fully extend or straighten the knee. As an essential cushion to your thighbone and shin bone, it is important that it is repaired to reduce the possibility of pain and discomfort. The treatment for a torn meniscuc is dependent on the severing of the tear.
- Partial meniscectomy- trims away the torn area and smooths the injury site
- Total meniscectomy- removes the whole meniscus
To find out more information about Orthopedics with Hospital QuoronSalud Torrevieja and for the best quality and pricing please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org