Recovery from addiction is a hard and tiresome journey, so some with substance abuse problems choose to travel to new and exciting locations to seek treatment. The Cabin in Chiang Mai, Thailand provides expert led addition, trauma and behavioral health treatment. Located in a beautiful secluded mountain side location, The Cabin is a world away from everything that may have triggered you back home.
Causes of addiction
Addiction is a complicated condition, and there is never just one contributing factor. There are numerous commonalities in those with substance abuse disorders. Risk factors can include: Biological factors
- Genes-genetics contribute to approximately half the risk for developing an addiction disorder. The brain’s ability to create dopamine, and the body’s hormonal response to stress can both play their parts in addiction.
- Physiological factors-liver enzymes that metabolize substances can influence the risk of alcoholism.
- Gender-research shows that males are more likely to develop substance abuse problems.
- Personality-impulsive and sensation seeking behavior have been linked to both substance use and gambling problems, this is particularly true when related to the risk of relapse.
- Trauma and abuse-those who have experienced trauma or abuse often react to alarm or distress in a more extreme way, making it difficult to resist the relief that substances may temporarily provide.
- Mental health-depression, anxiety, attention deficit disorders and post traumatic stress disorders can all be contributing factors in addiction.
- Family-risks are raised when a parent or sibling also has an addictive disorder. The same is true when there is little parental supervision or support. Divorce, sexual, physical or emotional abuse can also factor, as do child raising responsibilities.
- Accessibility-repeated use is made easier if an addict has regular access to substances like alcohol and drugs in their community.
- Peer group-those who are strongly influenced by their peers and seek acceptance (especially in adolescence) are more likely to adopt substance abuse if their friends are doing it too.
- Employment-being in paid work, with responsibilities can often help to reduce the risk of addiction.
About The Cabin
The Cabin in an internationally recognized leader in behavioral and addiction treatment
. Modern, innovative personalized treatments are available for substance addictions, process addictions, trauma, anxiety, gambling addictions, sex addictions and depression. The Cabin’s program completion rate is 96% making it Asia’s most respected rehabilitation center, with private accommodation, meals, addiction counselling sessions, fitness therapy, massage treatment and weekly excursions.
The Cabin’s addiction treatment method
The addiction treatment programs available at The Cabin are modern, intelligent and holistic. These programs are highly commended internationally and include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)-a psycho social method that helps to improve emotional regulation and personal coping strategies.
- A 12 step program-explained in a series of workshops that use secular language, suited to the diverse background of patients.
- Mindful meditation-helping to treat mental and emotional disorders that go hand in hand with addiction-like anxiety and depression.
- Physical therapy-clients are provided with a customized fitness regime depending on their individual preference and requirements. Physical activities run at The Cabin include yoga, Pilates, personal training, mountain biking, aqua fitness and body combat classes.
About Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai is a unique and beautiful land of misty mountains and colorful hill tribes. Located on the banks of the Ping River in a lush green valley, Chiang Mai was founded in the 13th century as the capital of the ancient Lanna Kingdom. Hundreds of elaborate Buddhist temples and remains of ancient walls and moats are a reminder of Thailand’s long and fascinating history. Find out more about the ancient city of Chiang Mai here
Packages for addiction services like The Cabin are available through healthcare technology and medical tourism company Taqtik Health. Using the guidance of experienced medical experts can make it much easier to find the addiction service that is best for you. For more information contact the customer care team at Taqtik Health, or view available packages on the Taqtik Marketplace.