Reshaping the buttock offers several options – liposuction, buttock implants, and butt lift. Which option is best for you? Learn more about how men are re-shaping their butts to feel more masculine, and what to expect from surgery.
Why get a butt lift?
More and more media attention has been focused on having prominent and muscular butt cheeks. Exercise may not be delivering the firm, masculine derriere that you want. Genetics plays a part too. So does sitting for long periods of time. Or perhaps you have lost a lot of weight.
Buttock augmentation can improve flat or sagging buttocks as well as asymmetrical or small butts.
You may also want to consider a buttock implants if you and your doctor determine that you need something more pronounced or permanent than a butt lift. Some surgeons may suggest liposuction to reshape not only your buttock but also the surrounding area. Liposuction may be done by itself or in conjunction with buttock implants or the butt lift. Talk with your doctor about which procedure or treatments will give you the look you want.
Good candidates for a butt lift
While a consultation with a qualified surgeon can assess your qualifications as a candidate for a butt lift, in general, surgeons are looking for the following:
- You’re in good overall health and who are at or near their goal weight. Generally, buttock augmentation can increase the size of your butt while improving its shape and balance.
- You have realistic goals about what butt augmentation can achieve for you physically. A butt lift can be the start of a new, more confident and masculine you if you put aside the time to heal properly.
Recovery Time and Restrictions
Recovery time varies depending on the patient. Your surgeon will give you post-operative recovery instructions, but in general your surgeon will expect that you do the following.
- Compression Bandages- Patients are required to wear a compression bandage or garment immediately after surgery for a length of time recommended by your physician.
- Bed Rest- Depending on your doctor’s instructions, there may be several days of bed rest followed by weeks of limited physical exercise. Most certainly you will experience swelling, bruising and numbness.
- Exercise- In general, patients are advised to avoid vigorous exercise for the first month after surgery to allow the body time to recover and heal. Your post-surgery instructions will include guidelines about limitations on physical exercise.
- Follow ups- You will be given a schedule of follow up visits either with the doctor who performed your surgery or your doctor at home if you have traveled for the procedure.
- Smoking- Because it reduces the amount of oxygen in the body, smoking cigarettes can increase the risk of infection. If you are a smoker, inform your doctor so that he or she can advise you as to the time when you should refrain from smoking before and after surgery. Or perhaps this surgery is the reason to give up smoking completely!
As a general rule, within three months your body will be completely healed even though the results of the surgery will be visible almost immediately. Return to your level of normal activity gradually per your doctor’s instructions. Trying to do too much too quickly can result in delayed healing or a more serious complication including asymmetry
Possible Risks and Complications
Even though buttock augmentation is a fairly common cosmetic treatment, it is still surgery and carries with it risks and possible complications.
While your surgeon will discuss your particular risks with you, here are some common problems that can occur during or after butt lift surgery:
- Bruising, swelling and numbness around the surgical sites
- Infection and bleeding
- Blood pooling under the skin called a hematoma
- A negative reaction to the anesthesia
Your doctor will advise you of general risk factors as well as those related to you and your health profile. You can minimize complications by following the advice of your surgeon, both before and after your buttock augmentation surgery.
Remember to Follow Your Doctor’s Orders!
To reduce the unpleasant after effects of the surgery, follow your doctor’s recommendations closely and notify your healthcare provider if you experience any signs of infection or other health problems.
Take the next step with Taqtik Health
Ready to talk with a doctor about scheduling your appointment? Can we answer any questions for you? Find out more about how men are re-shaping their butts to feel more masculine. Contact us! Or browse through available butt lift packages below.
This information does not take the place of medical advice given by your doctor but is provided for general informational purposes only. Discuss the specific details of your treatment with your physician.